A Blog to Sate your Fashion Obsession

Fashion Almanac

Posted: Friday 24 July 2009 | Posted by Bette V. | Labels:


Today I went for a walk with my hubby and my terrorising one-year old daughter. On our way I stopped by my local bookshop and noticed this little beauty in the window. As you can imagine I could not resist popping inside to take a closer look at what it contained. My expectations were set high by the its title 20th Century Fashion - 100 Years of Fashion Apparel Ads, I was not disappointed.

Although I didn't have an inordinate amount of time to peruse its sterling contents, due to aforementioned hubby and daughter, I did manage enough to realise that this book is a must-have for fashion and vintage lovers.

The book displays fashion highlights, trends and ads from the past 100 years. The text accompanying the pictures and ads gives a great insight and understanding for the history of fashion. Another plus point for the book that all text is supplied in English, French and German.

I was also pleasantly surprised that unlike many fashion books this one very reasonably priced at a mere €30.00.

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

  1. Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...
  2. What an awesome looking book! I definitely have to put it on my wish list!

    Thanks for the post and I love your blog!

    xo

    Jennifer
    http://milliedeel.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails